Still, using Outlook or Hotmail? No problem, but you have missed a lot if you do not have a Google account yet. A Google account means that you will get 15 GB of cloud storage for free, and you can use it to store your photos, videos, and any documents on your smartphone. You will also have a Gmail account that allows communication with all your friends and co-workers. Not to mention the ability to access many websites without having to register and create a new account from scratch.
In short, a Google account has become necessary and inevitable in 2022, as it is the best email to rely on for contacting others. Since you are here, it means that you do not have a Google account yet. Do not worry, we will show you how to create a Google account for the first time in a smooth and hassle-free way.
What makes Gmail the best email?
Once you create a new Google account, you have also created an account on Gmail. If you are wondering about the great features of Gmail, here are some of them as follows:
• Completely free-of-charge account
• Has an excellent spam filter that keeps your inbox clean of any unwanted messages
• Free storage space of up to 15 GB for messages and attachments
• Ability to change the appearance theme and customize many account settings as desired
• An infinite number of free-to-use add-ons that will help you get the most out of your email
• Ability to search for messages within the email as if you were on a Google search engine
• Easy to access
• Ability to enter and participate in websites without creating a new account
• Safe, reliable, and it’s very rare to encounter any problems with it.
How to Set Up a Google Account for The First Time:
• The steps of creating a Google account are super easy. As mentioned earlier, once you make a Google account, you have also created a Gmail account. In the first step, type in the top search bar “Create a Google account” or visit the following link Google.com. Then, click on Create an account, and choose from the drop-down list “for me” as shown in the previous image.
• In the next step, you need to add the details for fields for the first name, last name, and username that will appear to others when communicating with them using your Google account. Choose a password consisting of 8 numbers and letters. It should be a solid and unique password for Google to accept, then retype it again in the “Confirm” box, and click Next.
• In the last step, you need to write your phone number to link the new account to it, which is an optional step, but we recommend that you adhere to it to protect your account and to easily retrieve it in the future by phone if you forget the login details at any time. You can also choose a recovery email address to recover the new account in case you forget your password. Then, type in your date of birth, select your gender and click Next.
• In the next window, the usage policy and a set of terms that you must agree to will be displayed. Scroll the page to the bottom and click “I accept”.
• And that’s it, your new Google account has been created. If you want to open your Gmail account, click from the upper left corner on the nine horizontal dots icon and choose from the drop-down list the Gmail icon as shown in the previous image. This will then take you to your new Gmail inbox which you can customize and adjust according to your preferences.